Restaurant Brick/Pizza Oven Cleaning in Tucson, Arizona
Cleaning Resource Center has qualified technicians to completely and effectively clean your brick/pizza oven.
Typical Steps in Cleaning of Brick/Pizza Ovens done by the kitchen staff
- Brick ovens require little cleaning outside of the normal cooking routines, typically a wipe down inside once the oven has cooled is sufficient
- When food and debris falls onto the surface, it can be scraped or “baked” off. If the oven is wood-burning, simply place some hot, burning pieces onto the spill and the heat will burn it off. Follow with a brush to remove any debris, use caution anytime you are performing any type of cleaning in the oven cavity.
- For gas burning ovens, a pizza peel can be used to scrape the debris off of the surface. If necessary a chef’s knife can be used to gently scrape the surface. Do not poke into the floor of the oven as it can damage the surface, use caution
- Depending on the items cooked, grease can build up and form a patina on the surface. This should be scraped and washed away. Scraping involves the same procedures described above. To wash it away, dampen a cloth with water. Using a damp cloth, wrap the cloth around the head of the brush and push it along the floor of the oven to “mop” it.
- The floor of the oven should be brushed nightly to maintain cleanliness.
Cleaning the Vertical Exhaust Riser
- Exhaust risers (stacks) should be cleaned monthly to keep the oven operating safely.
- Risers can develop a layer of creosote that will build up over time.
- The cleaning process is similar to sweeping a chimney, but requires special knowledge and equipment when dealing with restaurant stacks because of the grease/food debris build-up that can occur within the chimney.
- It is recommended that only a qualified personal complete this cleaning. Cleaning Resource Center has cleaned virtually every type of pizza oven exhaust system. If the creosote is not removed, it will contribute and lead to a chimney fire, and potentially causing catastrophic damage
CRC -Steps to Clean a Commercial Pizza Oven
- The oven must be cooled – 3-4 hours
- The inside swept and wiped out – we do not deep clean the inside
- The oven is prepped for duct/riser cleaning
- Remove rain cap from duct
- Using a variety of flex rods and metal round brushes – the duct is swept out vertically – if there is horizontals this will be followed through access panels removed
- Chemical is applied to special brushes and specially designed devices to remove remaining creosote and residue inside of ductwork
- Final clean – install rain cap
- This is a brief description of a service this is not a “do it yourself guide” steps and procedures have been intentionally left out – we recommend only trained and certified technicians perform this service
Cleaning a pizza/brick oven should be done only by Trained Professionals to ensure they System is cleaned effectively